Tuesday 18 August 2009

Party!!!!!

You know, I have just been putting a heap of important stuff into my diary (when things are due, when I have seminars, workshops and conferences - that kind of thing) and I just realised that its only 2 and a half months until my birthday.

I have decided that this year I am definately having a party. I didn't have a 21st party because I was in the middle of exams on my birthday (as I have been for the last three birthdays), but I promised my friends that I would have a party eventually - I was just postponing it. I wont be in the midst of exams this year because I dont have any (he he he, to all my friends that do) and I wont be far enough along in my honour's project to be too snowed under with work.

So, any suggestions what I should do for my party? I want a costume party. Maybe, 'dress up as your favourite tv character'? Or should I have a murder mystery party (downside with that is that you can only have 8 guests)? Or should I have both?

5 comments:

Martin said...

My suggestion is that you don't do it in the middle of exams, but I may just be being selfish here...

Emma said...

Note that you are assuming that you will be invited :)

Martin said...

You planning on not inviting me or something?

LadyJane said...

You could have a theme party; like stuff beginning with the letter E. Then you can go as yourself! Lol.

Martha said...

We'll come if invited, keeping in mind that my parents are visiting October 14 - 30 or so, the Lord willing. Both sound fun, but I don't think we'd make an invite list of 8 considering your vast repertoire of friends. And we already have a present for you. :P
Thanks for the insights into staff and grad student life at Uni. When I was student teaching I thought it was fun (and a little weird) to find out what the teachers all did and talked about during lunch.