Tuesday 5 July 2011

The Eagles Lair

Last week at work we had an overnight field training trip. We were split into two trips so that there were enough people not away to look after all the devils. I was on the second one and it was awesome. The trip was led by Nick Mooney, who has been a hero of mine since I was a teenager, and he was an absolute legend, happily sharing his incredible wealth of field skills and knowlegde of wildlife with us all. We focused mostly of devils, of course, but the most memorable bit for me was the detour hiking up the side of a mountain to observe a wedge-tailed eagle nest.







The only bad part of the trip was catching my workmate's cold which was pretty unavoidable as we were all confined in a car for several hours each day, but now the cold has really set off my asthma and I've had to take a day off work.

2 comments:

Tori said...

Poor Emma. I sort of had a day off today. I had to renew my first aid course so I still had to do a form of work for 8 hours but it was a nice break from spraying weeds. Back to it tomorrow though.

Robert Kingston said...

somehow I've never heard of your hero before....

Then again - you wouldn't know who Andy Blau is either...