Tuesday 10 July 2012

Koala Capers


So, its confirmed. I've been accepted as a volunteer to spend a couple of weeks playing koalas in Port Macquarie. I've been to the koala hospital twice in the last couple of years and I've wanted to spend longer there ever since. The koala hospital take volunteers all the time, but they can only take a couple of newbies at a time to train them so you have to book in well in advance. Usually I'd have to wait until next year to volunteer, but because of my wildlife and vet nursing experience their going to take me on an experienced volunteer basis. So now I just have to book flights and accommadation and everything and come October I'll be the only getting up close and personal with the koalas being rehabilitated at the hospital.




1 comment:

Tori said...

I like the start of your Darcy instructions as they sound in the same rythm as the one I gave your for Mawson. My little Bramble is getting really old. He is 2 and a month or so now and still seems healthy except for a wound that has been on his face for months now which wont heal but it doesnt bother him. He had a bag of some favourite treats which lasted him about a year and a half and then when I replaced the bag he doesnt like them any more. Ficle creature.