Thursday 8 July 2010

Woohoo!!!

The festival of voices rocks! Firstly, my choir was absolutely amazingly awesome tonight. Then most of the choir headed down to the Festival Club at Salamanca to listen to some other groups sing and the open mic hour at the end was absolutely spectacular.

We started with final rehearsals and warmed up at the Wesley Church (btw, if I ever get married this is where its happening - acoustics are phenomenal) then headed across the road to the Playhouse theatre. Once all 97 of us were on the stage we started with the hauntingly beautiful 'Lingmara' then rocked into 'I Shall not be Moved' then quietly and very emotionally went into 'Sister my Sister' which was dedicated to Dennis (a lovely man from the bass section that passed away this week) and then stormed into 'Everytime I Hear the Spirit'. Of course, the audience begged for an encore so we gave them 'One Morning Soon'. We were tremendous! And down at the festival club everyone else was tremendous too!

I really wish I had an audience plant to video us on stage, but I might be able to get a DVD of it if I'm patient enough to wait. I also wish I had taken some video of the open mic hour tonight so I could share some musical genius in the form of 'Jeremiah Bullfrog', 'Angelare', Walking in Memphis', and an original song called 'Prenuptial Apology' which was hilarious.

Its going to take a while for the adrenaline to wear off tonight (Just got home and still very hyped up). I can't wait for Saturdays performance now :)

1 comment:

Joolz said...

saturday's performance was great too.