Sunday 24 February 2008

Uni has begun...

Today was the first official day of semester 1 at the University of Tasmania- and most of my friends and I had had enough and wanted to go home by 10:00 this morning.

By that stage most of us had forked out large amounts off money buying the compulsory lab manuals and unit outlines and had done quite a lot of complaining about our compulsory Maria Island excursions (and seriously scared a first year student who was sitting on the bench next to us and eavesdropping).

Its really strange how much my attention span has shortened during the holidays- my mind was wandering so easily during the lectures. As it is now.

I'll come back and do some more complaining about uni when I don't feel quite so depressed about it all.

Sigh..................

3 comments:

Robert Kingston said...

I thought being depressed was the best state of mind to do your complaining in...

Sadly for those of us who have finished uni, holidays and semester breaks are long behind us.

Joolz said...

Me too!! And I haven't had any lectures yet. I have piles of stuff to wade through before prac starts Tomorrow week. Make the most of it, study is tough but work is worse.

Emma said...

Yes but for the sensible ones of you who have finished uni you don't have to take your work home with you so you don't spend all evening and weekends working on assignments.

Also, you have the added bonus of a little thing known as MONEY for the work you do.