Tuesday 15 April 2008

A day in the life of... Tuesday

Today is Tuesday. Tuesday means a day at home doing assignments- and Tuesday means talking to Dienece on the phone.

Dienece's phone is cordless so she roams around the house and in the garden doing things while we are on the phone. My phone isn't cordless so I'm pretty much stuck in the kitchen while we talk. Last week I cleaned the entire kitchen while we talked- everything was spotless (we were on the phone for a long time so I mean spotless), and then that put me in a cleaning mood for the rest of the day and I didn't get any assignments done because I was too busy scrubbing everything I could see.*

Well, today I thought about this problem of being kitchen bound before the phone actually rang and got everything organised so that I could make another pot of vegetable soup. I told Dienece what I was doing and I should be a salesperson because I made it sound so good that she decided to make soup, too.

So Dienece and I made soup together- separated by Bass Strait.

This time my soup had:
Carrots
celery (but you would still like it, Dad, because it gets pureed at the end)
onion
potato
sweet potato
pumpkin
corn
lentils
broccoli
parsnip
and a little bit of garlic, ginger, and some sweet curry powder.






I finished my Marine Ecology essay- finally!- so I decided to water my little garden. I'm very excited about my little garden at the moment because so much is happening in it. My bulbs are all starting to come up now- I have a couple of tulips this year that I didn't have last year, and a whole heap of seedlings are coming up as well.

When my garden was empty after I took out all the sunflowers I decided to put some seeds in, but I've forgotten what they were so now its all a big surprise! But don't they look cool...







I'm also working on growing up some baby ferns, but that story will have to wait until later.

*This is quite a common occurrence that the first thing I want to do when I start to feel better after I have had a chest infection is to clean everything- I don't know why. Suddenly I actually have enough energy to stand up and all I want to do with it is clean- strange.

3 comments:

Emma said...

I'm very offended that I went to all the trouble of writing a big long post- including pictures- and no one has written a single comment yet

:(

Robert Kingston said...

Sorry Loopy - I wasnt sure what to say, other than the obvious "that soup sounds nice" and "Next time you start feeling better - you can come and clean my house if you like".

I havent clicked the link from Fenridal - but I'm guessing it's spam.

Martin said...

It is, and same here Rob.