Thursday 5 June 2008

Why I hate swotvac- by Emma

I really don't enjoy swatvac- I never have. It is a very necessary evil, though. Without the week of swotvac I don't think I would ever do very well in my exams, but I really do hate it, none-the-less.

Swotvac is an awkward time- its a time when you really need a break from uni and with the freedom of not having to devote your entire day to lectures and practicals there is a huge temptation to emphasise the second syllable of swotvac and have a vacation.

Swotvac is worse than the few days of study between exams because in swotvac all you have is the stress and worry of upcoming exams. You begin to doubt your ability to not turn into a martian in the middle of your exam. After your first exam you begin to remember that, yes exams are physically possible, and nothing is ever as bad as it seemed like it was going to be in swotvac.

Thankfully, tomorrow is the last day of swotvac and then on Saturday, I face my first exam- almost a relief after the drudgery that swotvac always accompanies- then everything is downhill until finally, in under 2 weeks time I have HOLIDAYS!!!

5 comments:

Emma said...

PS- that's not to say I didn't enjoy being able to go home for a few days over swotvac- I just didn't enjoy the need to spend them studying and all the stress of the upcoming exams

Joolz said...

I agree, swatvac/swotvac is tough. lots of peoplke think that it means you can do other stuff for them like go to weddings.

Robert Kingston said...

Try not to turn into another Martin during your exams - one Turkeybrain around here is enough...

Martin said...

I'm confused...

Emma said...

I said Martian Rob, not Martin.