Tuesday 23 September 2008

Emma and Tori's Grand Tow Truck Adventure

Well, I have had a busy week. A ridiculously busy week.

I have had so much work to do for university that I have been working on assignments until late every night and then starting again the next morning. Hence the lack of blogs.

Yesterday, after handing in my Cell Biology Tissue Culture Prac Report and participating in the Cell Biology debates (my team's topic was "Is embryonic stem cell research positive for person kind," we were the affirmative and we lost- and I'm happy that we did) I decided that it was time to have a little relaxation as Tori and I didn't have any really pressing assignments to work on.

So little Tori and I went along to the Plant Science Honours information session to score the free pizza afterwards, and after filling up on pizza and orange juice (and avoiding questions about what we were thinking about doing for honours) we decided to go and visit Tori's horse, Twistie.

So we got in Barry and drove him back to Tori's house to swap into her car, The Beast (she needs a large vehicle to tow the horse float) and went to visit Twistie in Kingston.

When we got to Twistie's house we noticed that there appeared to be a trail of oil coming from The Beast, but we weren't sure if it was already there before The Beast arrived or not so we ignored it. We then decided to go and get coffee, and when the trail of oil followed us we decided that it must have been coming from The Beast. So we planned on getting some oil at the nearest petrol station and topping it up so we could get home, but the woman at the servo was horrible and wouldn't help us so we left.

A little way out of Kingston Tori's car (an automatic) decided that it could no longer change gears and started getting slower and slower and slower. So we pulled off the Southern Outlet onto a little side road thing and rang the RACT.

Did I mention that it was dark and rainy at this point? And that Tori and I had both drank 1/2 a gallon of orange juice and then had a coffee (well actually I had a chai tea and she had a smoothie, but close enough)- I'm sure you can figure out where this is going, and that we had to go behind a bush in the rain (and I had chosen that day to wear my awesome shoes with the high heels- not the most appropriate footwear for clambering down a slippery bank to find a bush).

After about 40min the RACT man come and called the tow truck. After about an hour the tow truck come and took us back to Kingston. After about 1 minute Tori's friends came to take us back to Toris house and then Barry and I went home. The whole adventure ended up taking us all evening, but never mind. At least there were two girls sitting alone in a broken down car oof the highway on a dark, wet, cold night rather than just one.

As Tori said "The Beast is at the vet" and will be out of action for a few days.

1 comment:

Emma said...

Yes, Tori I know I said I would give the post a different title, but then I had a little think about it and decided no to.