Monday 3 November 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

The day I arrived

Well, I got old, which is a little depressing, but I also got presents which isn't.

Mum, Dad, and Rob all came and stayed with me on the weekend from when I finished my last exam on Saturday until yesterday (Monday) afternoon. Because they weren't going to be around for my actual birthday today we decided that it would be my birthday yesterday instead so I got all my presents then.

I got:
~A sewing machine (which Mum and I both keep accidently calling a washing machine)
~A new set of dinnerware- I'm especially excited by the pasta bowls
~A couple of books- I'm going to start reading again now uni is over.
~A huge jar absolutely packed full of lollies
~And I finally got the virtual villagers computer game (trust me, its a really good thing I didn't have that when I should have been studying for exams).
~and some other stuff : )

I'm going to wait until all my friends have finished their exams before I celebrate my birthday properly, but I have invited them to drop in throughout the day for birthday cake when they feel like a break from studying so hopefully I should have company.

Until then, though, I have my virtual villagers to take care of.


UPDATE TO THE PRECEDING POST

I just had a fantastic birthday.

And why wouldn't I? For starters it went all weekend long right through until today. Also it is starting to sink in that I have hopefully graduated. And today I was visited and rang up and texted by some (well actually most) of my very favourite people : )

Thankyou to everybody- all my friends and family (even the fuzzy ones) -for helping me celebrate the depressing fact that I am getting old : )

And also the guy at the movie shop that discovered it was my birthday when I rented a DVD and made me smile : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey em, happy b'day. I was going to blog today, but my site is down at the moment... hopefully its back tomorrow. Have a good one!

--Clint