Thursday 13 November 2008

Road trip to Port Arthur and other News

Well, now that Tori is back in Tasmania and has regular access to the net and Mum and Dad are back online again it seems like it is worthwhile blogging again.

News:
~My flights have now been booked and finalised and my brother and I leave for Europe on the 18th of January. It is finally starting to feel a little more real (and, therefore, exciting).

~I am currently at Mum and Dad's visiting my beautiful cat who manages to become even more beautiful everytime I see her.

~I have applied for an absolutely awesome job with the Department of Primary Industries and Water as a Wildlife Biologist. I really, really, really, really want this job as it means I could stay in Tassie, keep my flat in Hobart, and have a job where I can do all the things that I like about zoology and spend some time in the field as well as some time in the office.


I took a road trip to Port Arthur with Megan (the American exchange student) and Megan. We had a really great time exploring the beautiful, green Port Arthur and teaching Megan about all sorts of Australian stuff. I even found an Echidna on the side of the road to show her on the way home because it was one of the few Tassie animals she hadn't seen yet. She flies out today and goes back to America just as the weather over here is starting to warm up.

Anyways, here are some photos I took while in Port Arthur. As usual, neither Megan or Megan are in any of the photos which is a shame.














2 comments:

Tori said...

Well Megan was in one of them. I suppose that you being home and all means that you arn't going to come out for icecream with me today. :( Sad now. Oh I have a message. I bet its from you telling me you cant come out for icecream. Humff. When do you come back? Good luck with the job thing. Did you hear weather you knnow who got an interview with AFMA?

Emma said...

No I don't know who got interviews with AFMA, but Amanda is the only person I know who applied and she didn't mention anything about it- and she has definate plans of moving up to Launnie to do honours next year so I'm guessing she didn't get an interview either.