Sunday 19 April 2009

Easter

I have been quite slack about posting lately. I just haven't really felt like it. I have been focusing my attention, rather, on the "Improvement of my mind through extensive reading." (anyone who knows where that quote is from has my "unswerving allegiance" - same goes for that one).

Anyway, do you want to know about Easter?
Here it is:

I spent Easter with my Mum, Dad, Brother, and Cousin (Clinton). We went camping. We like camping.

We decided that we would set up a standing camp (that means you stay in one place) rather than travel as much as we have done most other Easters in recent years. But we still traveled quite a way from home to Arthur River on the west coast to set up our standing camp. We camped next to a lagoon with only a sand dune in between us and the ocean. Exactly where a Marine Biologist should be.


It was really nice to have some time with all my family when they couldn't be distracted by work. We played Monopoly. I had been having serious monopoly withdrawals, but I have had my fix now. It took us over 3 hours, but in the end Rob had finally managed to send everyone bankrupt. I was the last to surrender to him.

We spent most of the day on Monday working our way back home to Mum and Dad's after stopping at Rob's place in Devonport. I stayed at Mum and Dad's for a night and then went back to Rob's for a night and then went back to Mum and Dad's for another night. Then I went back home to Hobart. Which is where I am now, and it looks like I will be staying here more permanently now. I'm not sure whether that is a good thing or not.

4 comments:

carrot said...

You know whats really wierd? I live in hobart too; but we only ever see each other at church, where we don't even talk to each other, or when the rest of your family is in Hobart!

But we at least talk over computers.

I'm glad you had a good easter. Mine was awsome.

Joolz said...

Nice sunset shot kiddo

Emma said...

Nobody knows where the quotes are from ?

Not even you, Mum?

Joolz said...

Yes, I do, they are from Pride and Prejudice. at least the first one is. I just forgot to comment on that