Tuesday 11 May 2010

I submitted my thesis....

Ok, so I know that some of you expected me to post this earlier, but sitting at a computer and typing was not something I felt like doing up until now.

I handed my thesis in on Monday a bit before 4pm (it was due at 5pm). I could have handed it in earlier, but I took an hour off for lunch with my friend Bec while I waited for one of the other honours students to finish printing out her thesis so that we could all hand them in together. I handed in 3 copies to go to the examining panel to be (hopefully) approved, and a further 4 copies to uniprint to get bound. In the end, I wasn't too unhappy with the quality of my thesis. It isn't as good as it could have been if I had somehow managed to find a bit of extra time to polish it, but it wasnt as bad as I thought it was going to be. Considering I have been averaging about 4-5 hours broken sleep a night and I can barely form verbal sentences, I'm surprised that my writing is still fairly coherent. I only got 2.5-3 hours sleep Sunday night, but I managed to survive the day without even having any caffeine until after I handed my thesis in. Every other day for the past two weeks, caffeine has been my constant companion.

Mum came down to Hobart and met me at my place when I got home from uni and then we went and partied with Tiani, Andrew, Moose, Alysha, Han, Dot, Colin, and Robear to celebrate. Moose and Tiani both just had birthdays so it was kinda a shared celebration for everyone. They decided that I wasn't caffeinated enough at this point so they took me out for a walk down to Maccas to get frozen cokes. So after a coffee, three glasses of normal coke, and a frozen coke I was feeling pretty excitable while we played twister, celebrity heads, and cards. Eventually Mum and I went home to bed, but surprisingly I spent the night waking up from thesis nightmares the same as I had all week - I thought I would go back to being good at sleeping after I submitted my thesis, but apparently I was wrong. I was awake by 7am, and gave up and got out of bed around 8am which was a very disappointing effort at a sleep in.

Anyway, now I am up north at Mum and Dad's relaxing, rejuvenating, and recovering. I still didn't sleep properly last night and was up at 8am again, but I think its slowly going back to normal. Fidget and I are home alone and spending the day doing nothing, but she is much better at doing nothing than I am so I built Dad's new DVD tower (flat pack) while I was trying to do nothing and watch Midsommer Murders.

Here's some photos of my office at uni where I spent the last few weeks almost entirely. I packed everything up and took it home yesterday, but I thought you might like to see what it used to look like. Remember you can click on them to enlarge if you need to.


3 comments:

Robert Kingston said...

You have a smurf?

Emma said...

It was a present from Tiani.

Lauren Bosveld said...

Good photos. I've been trying to visualise your desk ever since you started talking about your thesis!