Tuesday 22 June 2010

Almost a social life...

After all the chaos of honours and then most of my friends having quite a lot of chaos of their own with exams and things, I haven't really had a lot of time with my friends lately. Thankfully, that's finally beginning to change. Finally, over the last few days I've gotten to spend some time with some of my favourite people.

Anyway, I was planning to tell about a couple of things in particular. While spending time with my friends I have recently been to see 'Black Coffee' and 'Shrek: Happily Ever After'.

I don't usually enjoy black coffee, but I did enjoy 'Black Coffee' - its a Poirot mystery written by Agatha Christie performed by the Hobart Rep Theatre Society. It was a lot of fun. The set was good, the casting was good, the acting was decent. Unfortunately it was too easy to solve the mystery, but it was still very enjoyable. I especially thought both Poirot and Hastings were well cast and well acted. Hastings was gorgeous- so funny!

Then yesterday I went to see Shrek 4 in 3D. I really only went because I was desperate to see something in 3D. If I had been a little more patient I could have just waited till next week and gone to see Toy Story in 3D instead. That probably would have been a better idea. I think I would have been rewarded for my patience. It wasn't that Shrek was especially bad, it just wasn't especially good either. Not really surprising since the Shrek series has been on a decline with each new movie. But the 3D was fun. Really fun. And I got to hang out with my friends. Maybe we'll go to see Toy Story in 3D as well.

3 comments:

Joolz said...

glad you are having fun, we like to know that you are also on the trail of work

Robert Kingston said...

Interesting - if I had the choice of a movie in 3d, or the same movie in 2d, I'd go to 2d. But maybe that's because my glasses and 3d don't really agree.

Dorks are going to see Toy Story next week - not cause it's 3d, just cause it looks awesome.

carrot said...

Toy Story's supposed to be awesome! We've got a student free day soon and me and a few friends are gonna have a sleep over and watch the first two then go see the third! :-)