Saturday 9 October 2010

Some random wombatness

I haven't blogged much lately so I thought I should, but as I haven't got anything interesting to say I decided to post a little bit of random wombatness. A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of meeting a lady at work who looks like a wombat. I immediately saw the resemblance and was quite pleased to discover that so did my workmates. This little piece of fiction was born out of that meeting and will eventually make its way into a story I am slowly writing.

"As Mrs Brown walked into the classroom, Tess was instantly reminded of a wombat. Mrs Brown was very short, and, although Tess was only 12 years old, she was already at least a head taller than her newest teacher. Mrs Brown's arms and legs were short and stumpy, but the dark maroon polished nails on each of her stumpy fingers were long and sharp, giving Tess the impression of claws. The teacher was quite a plump woman, and her neck was so thick and short that it looked as if her large head came straight out of her shoulders. Her eyes were dark and very small in contrast with her broad, flattened nose. Tess couldn't help but think that if Mrs Brown's nose was painted black and shiny, she would make the perfect wombat for a play or school production. Mrs Brown's short, spiky brown hair only added to her wombat-likeness, as did her slightly furry looking brown woolen cardigan. Tess had to stifle a giggle as Mrs Brown squinted at the sunlight, increasing her resemblance to the nocturnal marsupial even more..."

1 comment:

Joolz said...

very funny, nice description