Sunday 19 December 2010

Great weekend...

This weekend was the Kingston clan's big family Christmas do, which meant a trip down to Taranna. We all left here on Friday night with a car full of Christmas cooking and arrived at Grandma and Grandpa's a little before midnight. As the Christmas do wasnt until Sunday we were left to fill in Saturday however we wanted. However, in our case Saturday had been planned for as long as Sunday because Dad promised me we would go snorkelling around Shelly Beach. I love snorkelling! Mum stayed on the sand because it wasn't warm enough for her to get in the water, but Rob, Dad, and I all went. The rocky reefs around Shelly are great for snorkeling and are home to a lot of marine life - I saw 5 different species of fish, mussels, limpets, sea snails, a sea spider, anemones, and lots and lots of seaweed. We snorkeled for over an hour - pretty good for Tasmanian temperatures.

Then on Sunday, we went to the morning church service and then up to Charlie and Sabines for the bbq and gift swap. Only 2 of my cousins were missing from the family, so it was a pretty good gathering of the clan. Sabine and Charlie have just put in a rather massive above ground pool and a few of the boys were brave enough to get in and have a swim in their undies despite the cool day. Actually, I'm not sure if Rowan was brave or just still drunk from the night before. His performance as the Christmas elf (including a costume designed for an eight year old) would suggest the later. Unfortunately, I dont have any photos of any of this. In fact, I dont have photos of anything. I am thoroughly dissappointed with myself. I am going to have to get my hands on some of the ones taken of Rowan in his elf costume, and the one of me and Dion with our broken arms (which we broke on the same day and both of us broke our left arm).

Anyway, it was a great weekend and I had a lot of fun. But as I promised that this post would be both interesting and contain pictures I will add this:

The arm all wrapped up under the Christmas tree.

1 comment:

Joolz said...

so which was the present, you, your cast or having the cast removed?