Sunday 3 April 2011

Healsville

One of the other things we got to do when we were visiting Victoria was spend some time at Healsville Santuary. Working with wildlife, the name Healsville keeps coming up again and again as the santuary has such a good reputation in the industry so I was glad to have a chance to check it out. The thing I noticed most about Healsville is the amount of space given to avaries. Of course, there were the usual amphibians, reptiles, and mammals as well, but I seem to only have taken photos of the birds. I really am turning into a birdbrain.

Brolga

Wedge-tailed Eagle


Black-brested Buzzard


Barn Owl


Lyrebird

The wetlands

Bronzewing

Orange-bellied Parrot

1 comment:

Tori said...

I went to Healsville when I was in year 5. I dont remember much about it except that they are the only place to have bred platypus in captivity. Or at least they were then.