Tuesday 13 December 2011

Sorry

Sorry, I have been so slack about posting recently. There are a couple of reasons for this - mostly that my computer was with my brother for a few weeks being fixed and secondly that I have been very busy. My life has been complicated by work on my days off, horrible real estate agents, and orphaned baby devils.

Work has been very busy recently for a number of reasons, and hasn't always been that enjoyable. While I still love my job, I don't always like it, if you know what I mean. Unfortunately, one of my very favourite devils died last week from old age. The whole work place has been in mourning a little bit because he was special to all of us, but we are all glad that he passed away peacefully. Several other unenjoyable things have happened at work as well, but I'm not going to talk about them.

And I'm not going to start on real estate agents because I could rant about them for hours.

The orphan devil babies have been fun, though. One of my workmates has been raising two baby devils, Molly and Matilda, for the past 3 or 4 weeks and I've been helping her out because they are a lot of work so when she had to go on a field trip the babies came to live with me and my housemates for a week and a half. They get fed every 4 hours so you have to be fairly devoted to them, but they are incredibly cute. I promise to post some photos in a couple of days.

Work should be quite interesting this week because I am accompanying a shipment of devils to one of our insurance population partners on the mainland. We fly to Sydney, then drive to the Australian Reptile Park in Gosford, and then drive to Barrington Tops to deliver our devils to their new homes. Basically, its a work-paid opportunity to get behind the scenes tours of two different facilities so it should be fun. It does mean that I am working the 10 days before Christmas without any time off, though. Oh well, you can't have everything I suppose.

1 comment:

Robert Kingston said...

Looking forward to hearing about your Sydney trip. See you on Saturday Loopy.