Thursday 9 February 2012

Reliving the past....


I've been thinking for quite a while that I really wanted to get out to the coast, visit some of my old haunts, and check on some of my Red-caps and Hoodies, but I couldn't find any times when I had a day off and someone was free to come with me. The other day, I decided that I wouldn't let that stop me anymore - I was going with or without any one to accompany me. After all, I spent an entire summer travelling up and down that coast by myself. So, I did what I always used to do, packed up Barry, started an audio book, and hit the road. And I had one of the best days I've had all summer. I've decided to make the trip at least annually from now on.

This was a bird watching trip, not a photographic trip, but I took my camera with me anyway and go a couple of decent shots. My time was definitely not focused on the photography, though.

Mr Hoodie

A whole family of Hoodies! Notice the teenage Hoodie (the pale one) next to Mrs Hoodie, and Mr Hoodie close by.


Mr Red-cap


Mr Tern


Mr Pacific Gull


Mr Pied Oystercatcher

1 comment:

Tori said...

Oh if only you had labeled them Mrs bird this and Mrs bird that then I could have asked you "Why are all these women married?!!" Spoil sport