Sunday 6 January 2013

New Trail Camera


For Christmas, my parents gave me a trail camera. Its a motion sensor camera for tracking wildlife - it takes both stills and video and has infared night vision. The other day, I put it in the enclosure with the little devilies I raised to try it out. I was please with the fact that it was as easy to use as the ones we have at work, and was about the same quality.

The stills, as can be expected, were much less interesting than the video, but here's a still taken just after dark to give you an idea of the night vision capabilities.


These two videos are pretty cute - they show the right way and the wrong way to climb up the branches to the highpoint. Ronan demonstrating the sensible way and silly little Tayla(usually the sensible one) demonstrating the wrong way.

1 comment:

Tori said...

wow. No post for ages and then 3 on one day. Very exciting! Your devils are so cute. I like the wrong way to climb the tree. Anya climbs the peppercorn tree at my block as there is a big flat spot a metre or so up and she can use it to see into the neighbours yard.