Friday 28 June 2013

Koala Cuddles and Houses for Rent

So, I finally got my 6 month contract with the Devil Program. I got my new contract to sign 4 days before my current contract expires - quite considerate of them to get it to me so quickly, isn't it. It isn't like I need certainty or consistency in my life or anything. I feel like I've been so uncertain now for quite a while waiting to hear about my contract and waiting to hear what my housemate is doing. That's now finally sorted out as well. Alanna is leaving the devil program to go to a really good opportunity in New Zealand. I'm going to miss having her around, but its good to know for certain what she's doing so I can start planning what I'm going to do. With a six month contract at work and no housemate, my course of action seems pretty clear - find a new place that's cheaper and get a 6 month lease, work for 6 months and then go to Africa.

So, that was the plan. But, as always, life doesn't go according to plan. I've been looking for a nice little unit to be my new home for the next 6 months, but I have been having a bit of trouble. All the ones I've looked at have either been too horrible for consideration, or too small to fit all my stuff in it. The other day, I thought I'd found the one, but the real estate agent had already closed applications. Stupid real estate agents.

Speaking of applications, that's the other thing that's complicating my life. I've somehow managed to trick the people at the Phillip Island Koala Conservation Centre into giving me an interview for a Ranger position on Tuesday. I'm very pleased to get an interview, but it does rather complicate my life. Now I have to prep for an interview, have a very stressy day off (because I can't help, but get stressed out when I have an interview) and then wait until I've been told if I've got the job or not before I can sign any leases or get settled down here again. Either way, I'll be moving, but there is quite a difference moving a suburb away to moving to another state. 

1 comment:

That brother of yours... said...

Don't stress too much. We'll be praying for you.