Friday 19 July 2013

Koala Job

The official word has finally come through - I didn't get the Koala Ranger job at Philip Island. I should probably be disappointed, but the truth is that I'm not. Getting the interview was great, but if I had gotten the job it would have been very disruptive to my life to move to Victoria and it would have made it a lot harder to get the time of to go to Africa next year. I'm actually quite relieved that I didn't get it. Once I get back from Africa, I hope there's another opportunity to get that kind of job, but until then I think I'm better of staying where I am. I won't be staying exactly where I am, though, and now that I've had the official word, I can start putting in applications for rental properties and start really getting into the process of moving.

I feel so much better about life in general now that I've had a few days off work, had some time at Chicken Camp doing something completely different, and now having some definite direction for my life for the next few months. I'm not sure that I'll be that keen to go back to work on Monday morning, though, but we have a very big couple of weeks moving 50 devils all around the state and I'll be needed wether I want to be there or not.

No comments: