Friday 18 October 2013

Darcy in Chicago

So, remember last year when Darcy and I produced a calendar for our friend, Reegan? After seeing all the different photo themes and props, Reegan requested photos of Darcy doing "Chicago" on stage. I think she was imagining Darcy dressed in sequins and a feather boa, or at least a top hat, but I didn't think he'd be very enthusiastic about that, so rather than spend my time designing and sewing him a costume I forgot about it until the other day (good thing too, because he got a bit pudgy while he was staying at Aunty Reegan's and wouldn't fit into it anyway). I've decided that rather than make another calendar, this year Darcy and I will give Reegan a photobook full of handsome Darcy shots so we aren't limited to just 12 themes. I thought a good way to start off the book would be the requested "Chicago" themed picture, so I put together a stage backdrop, made a new photo studio (a box with a hole cut out for the camera to go in), and stuck a cut out of a microphone onto a toothpick to get this shot. Darcy was very cooperative, enthusiastically "singing" into the microphone, in order to lick a tiny smear of peanut butter off it. What do you think of the shot?

I've planned a few different photo themes, but if you have anymore ideas that you would like to see Darcy do, let me know and if Darcy agrees, we'll work on it.

1 comment:

That guy again said...

That's awesome - couldn't have gotten it better.

unless he was wearing the top hat...