Monday 10 November 2014

A long birthday...

I've had another birthday. I quite enjoy birthdays, but I'm not sure I like getting older.
I had, and am sort of still having, a very nice birthday. We celebrated my birthday on the weekend when we were all together and had a birthday pavlova. Then on my actual birthday, Mum and I took off to Stanley for a couple of nights. We had a great time (well, I did and I think Mum enjoyed herself too) wondering around all Stanley's picteresque sights. It was horrendously windy, but other than that the weather was quite nice. I got some nice photos around the township and at Highfield House historic site.










Then, Mum and I got back from Stanley (via a rather nice breakfast in Winyard) just in time to head off to the Tasman Peninsula for a long weekend camping on the beach. We had a really nice long weekend, despite a little bit of rain, and were even able to catch up with some of the family. I got home a few hours ago, and am now in the process of unpacking and settling back in. I'll only be here for a day before I head back to Hobart to celebrate a bit more with my friends and go to Bill Bailey's standup show. Not having a fulltime job is sometimes useful in that I have lots of spare time to do all this travelling around the countryside and enjoying myself :)

1 comment:

RibbityBob said...

Either you discovered a new town, you you had breaky at Wynyard :)

Either way, rather jealous of your adventuring.