Sunday 16 August 2015

Back to School

The last few months I've been mostly just filling in time, trying to fill it in in the most productive and enjoyable ways I could think of, waiting for the next opportunity to come along. Well finally, after a couple of false starts, I think I have found the next step. I've decided to go back to school!

I have been considering doing a qualification in Conservation Land Management  for a while now, but the last time I was going to enroll in a course while I was still working with the Devil Program it didn't work out. I didn't think I would be able to enroll in a course at the moment because in order to do the course I had been looking into last time you have to be working in the industry, but I decided to look into it anyway. I was very happily surprised to find that it is possible to do the Diploma of Conservation Land Management through Tafe NSW by distance, without needing to work in the industry, and completely self-paced.

So, after much paperwork, I am now enrolled in the Diploma. I haven't actually started working on the Diploma yet, but technically I could be working on it right now if I wanted to. I have glanced over the course work, but I have the excuse of major computer problems so I haven't done any more than that. I'm actually  looking forward to doing the project work in the course, but I love the fact that because the course is self-paced I can take time to do other things and fit the studying around the rest of my life.

So, now that I am a student again, you can expect me to go back to my old nocturnal habits and I suggest that if you are planning on visiting me in the morning and want me to be able to communicate,  you bring me a coffee :)

No comments: