Wednesday 26 December 2007

Christmas is finally over...

Well, I suppose I should update you all on what I did for Christmas. Firstly, I should point out that I had a fantastic Christmas so if the post sounds a little negative its only because I'm tired.

I started my Christmas weekend on Saturday by meeting up with Mum, Dad and Rob and heading down the Tasman Peninsula to stay with Grandma and Grandpa Kingston. Sunday was spent relaxing. We went to Church in the morning and had a really scrumptious Christmas ham lunch- then we mostly just sat around and slept. I wasn't (and am still not) feeling very well because my asthma has been completely ridiculous- but everyone else just really needed a holiday so it was really good that they had the opportunity to just snooze, eat, and not have to do anything.



Monday- Christmas Eve- was our big family celebration so all the aunts, uncles, and cousins (except Christopher who was spending Christmas with his mum) came around to Grandma and Grandpas in the afternoon. Far too much food was eaten by most people, and we handed out all the Christmas presents. In our family we have a tradition that the children (under 18) get christmas presents from all the aunts and uncles but the adults give each other baking. So since I'm no longer under 18 I now have the responsibility of cooking for each pair of aunts and uncles and I get heaps of goodies in return. The next morning when we opened everything up I swapped Dad some bits and pieces out of my cooking that I don't like as much, but this year I didn't have to swap much at all- everything is really yummy.

Tuesday morning was, of course, Christmas morning so there was a huge stack of presents to be opened. Now I suppose you want to know what I got. I got a new mobile phone which I love. Its a pink flip nokia- and I really like it but I haven't taken any photos of it yet so I can't show it to you. The best thing about it is that because its a nokia it is really easy to use so I don't have to spend hours figuring out how to send a text messege.

Mum and Dad also gave me a George Forman grill (or as Rob called it a non-George Forman grill because it is a different brand). I haven't actually used it yet, but I've used Mum and Dad's so I know I'm going to like it. I also got heaps of other stuff from them- including a chocolate making set with everything you need to make chocolates including the chocolate melts.

Rob gave me a puppy dog! Not a real puppy dog, though, but it is nice and cuddly. He also gave me a couple of books and a Veggie Tales DVD. One of the books he gave me is called "Swashbuckling Faith." It is a devotional that uses Pirates of the Carribean to illustrate its points. I took this photo of all my Pirates of the Carribbean stuff.



After we opened all the present and "ooooo-ed" and "aaaaa-ed" sufficiently over each others gifts we went to christmas lunch at Uncle Charlie and Sabine's. There was a huge amount of food- the traditional turkey, ham, and seafood and many salads. Eggnog was also flowing freely, but not for me as I had to drive.



I also got to meet "Scruffy" their new dog. Its a schitzu cross maltese terrior.



After we all ate far too much again and played board games it was time to hit the road and head for home.

When I finally got back to my flat (I was stuck behind some guy who was driving way too slow until the overtaking lanes and then way too fast for me to overtake him- argh!) the next door neighbours cat, Rainbow, was there to greet me so I gave her a little christmas treat of a tin of cat food that Dad gave me.

The first thing I did when I got inside was check the fish- and Jeff had gotten stuck in the ornament again. He does it occassionly but he's normally only there for a couple of minutes before I rescue him- this time he was obviously there for a while before I got home because he had rubbed some of his scales off the back of his head (see photo). He seems fine, though.


I then had to turn to the task of finding places for all of my new Christmas gifts. I only have one or two left that still need to be put away.

Sorry this was such a huge post, but it needed to be to do justice to such a fantastic weekend (even with feeling sick and miserable the whole time).

Hope your Christmas was just as good.

Emma

2 comments:

Joolz said...

Dad's not too thrilled with his picture. Fidget wants to know what you think you are doing feeding that hussy. She is also disgusted by the yappy dog. I am pleased you will be home today.Maree3

Robert Kingston said...

I considered putting a similar picture of Dad on my site (www.headlessmoron.com) for my post-Christmas post as well, but decided he might not approve. I'm not sure who actually took the photo - it wasnt me, but it turned up on my camera.