Tuesday 15 January 2008

Just a quick note...

This is just a quick note to say that I have FINALLY started working at uni on my summer research scholarship. My supervisor finally got back from his annual leave and asked me to go in to uni for a meeting yesterday so I went in and we went through all the OH & S stuff.

I have to go in to uni this morning to actually start working. Apparently, I am going to be spending most of the day ankle deep in a stream catching creepy crawlies with an honours student for her research on feeding preferences of freshwater macro invertebrates.

The creepy crawlies I'm mostly going to be working with look like this:



4 comments:

Robert Kingston said...

Oh - so much for hunting down the huge freshwater crayfish then...

At least you've got more of an idea now though. Are they ok with you taking time off to go and help Dienece get married?

Emma said...

yeah, they are pretty flexible.

Joolz said...

Yes, I don't think those look too appetizing.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for putting up a picture of the "creepy crawlies". I thought I knew what it was that you were searching for.
Now I know I didn't have a clue really!