Friday 15 February 2008

Valentine's Day (and other stuff)

Well, after six days the burst water main was finally fixed on Thursday afternoon. And it wasn't a moment too soon I can tell you. One of my waterless days at 7:00 in the morning I figured that none of my neighbours would be up so it would be safe to run outside and turn the water on in my pj's so that I could have a shower. It wasn't. The water main is in the corner of our front yard behind lavender and geranium bushes so you have to squat down behind the bushes to turn the tap on. I ran out of my unit behind the bushes to turn the tap on and when I stood back up again I realised that the people across the road were standing in their driveway staring at me- I'm pretty sure they thought I was going to the toilet behind the bushes in my front yard-MAJOR embarressment!!!

Also on Thursday, my cousin, Ayden, and I finally went to see Sweeny Todd. We didn't go on Friday because someone (and it wasn't me) lost track of time and we missed the showing so instead we had a movie night at my place with Hannah (another good friend of mine). The next time we could manage to get together was Thursday so we organised to go to the movies then- I later realized that was valentines day, but as Ayden and I are both single it didn't matter if we wanted to go to the movies with our cousin anyway. Before the movie we went to the supermarket to get some munchies and to buy some flowers to take to our great grandmother for her 91st birthday the next day. Ayden and I were messing around in the queue at the check-out and I made him carry the flowers so that it didn't look like I was buying myself flowers on Valentine's Day. While we were being silly with the flowers he jokingly said "will you marry me" which he ALWAYS does whenever he has flowers in his hand to ANY female around him and I responded in the negative (can't remember exactly what I said)- you should have seen the girl in front of us, she had obviously overheard and could not believe I had turned down a valentine's day proposal- she gave me such a dirty look, but I don't think Ayden saw it.

I made Ayden an email address the other day so you can all expect him to leave comments on my blog now.

Anyway, I'd better go because I am supposed to be cleaning out my desk to get organised for uni- only one more week of work and then its back to classes for me (and don't tell anyone, but I'm actually looking forward to it- sshh, I said not to tell anyone).

2 comments:

Robert Kingston said...

Sounds like you've been getting a few odd looks lately loopy - you should start collecting them.

Joolz said...

If it gets out that you are looking forward to study you will get even more.