Tuesday 5 February 2008

The wedding...



It all started on Wednesday afternoon when I arrived at the Melbourne Airport. I was met and driven back to Dienece's house by Dienece and her mother, Dawn. Pretty much as soon as I got there we had to eat tea and quickly get ready for Wednesday evening church service. I got to see some people at the church that I met a year and a half ago when I was visiting Dienece - and I was surprised how many people actually remembered meeting me for such a short time so long ago.

After the service finished we (the wedding paty) moved around some furniture and decided on how to have the church arranged for the big day.

Eventually, we got back to the Gunther's (the couple Dienece has been living with for the last two years) and Barbara (Dienece's older sister) brought out some face masks so that we could have a little bit of a hen's night.
Dienece in her mask

Me, Jenny Risser (Bridesmaid and long time friend of Dienece), Lisa Gunther (Dienece's second mother), Barbara Green (Bridesmaid and Dieneces older sister), and of course the Bride, Dienece.

Eventually we did get to bed, but it was pretty late when we did. Barbara and Lisa had sneakily organised with Scott (the groom)'s mother and sister to whisk Dienece away for a nice lunch on Thursday to help her relax. We went to the Paperbark Native Plant Nursery Cafe. It was really nice so spend some time with just the girls.

Barbara, Scott's Mum (Jan), Scott's Sister (Jackie), and Dienece

Jenny, Dawn, and Lisa

When we got back to the house after our lovely lunch I got back to work on doing the calligraphy on Dienece and Scott's Wedding Certificate.


When that was done we all headed off the church to work on decorating. Barbara was doing all the flowers for the wedding as she is doing a floristry course at the moment- and I spent two days playing florist's assitant with her.



While we were at the church Dienece rang her hairdresser to make sure that everything was organized for the wedding morning, but it wasn't. So with no notice, and only one day left before the wedding Dienece had to find a new hairdresser. She managed to get an appointment for a trial the next day at 1:00 and then an appointment on Sat morning at 10:00. Eventually we left the church and got to bed.

Friday morning I'm not quite sure what we did, but I know that we were busy. Dienece went of the hairdressers and then I finally got to go over to her and Scott's house because I hadn't seen it yet-it's very nice. Then came more decorations and the last minute things that needed to be done and friday night was the rehersal dinner. This was the first time I had met the best man, but I had met the groomsmen about a year and a half ago. We went through the whole wedding 3 times and all ate alot of pizza before we finally got home. Dienece was meant to be in bed by midnight, but she wasn't quite ready to go to sleep yet so I sat on her bed with her and talked for a while until about 12:20 when we heard Robert Gunter (who had set the curfew) come home and we both rushed of to bed.

The wedding morning was, of course, flat out getting ready for the big event. I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story...


Pastor Veszley, Scott (Groom), Mark (Bestman), Shaun, and Simon








3 comments:

Joolz said...

The pictures look good there, even if they print too dark. Now i understand why you said you all wore face masks. I was imagining disguises, not skin care.

Robert Kingston said...

Glad to hear that the 'wedding paty' had fun.

Still not sure why you guys were all standing around in the dark for that one photo - but nevermind.

Good to hear that the trip and the wedding and things went well.

Did you have a good time with Ben and Bec and co afterwards?

Emma said...

yeah, I had a great time. YOU are picking on me for spelling mistakes- that's funny : )