Friday 8 February 2008

I'm sorry Ayden

My friend (who also happens to be my cousin), Ayden, reminded me this morning that there were some things that I had planned to blog about that I hadn't gotten around to doing yet.

The first thing that I planned to blog about was THE GREAT BEANBAG INCIDENT.
The series of events refered to began with Ayden giving me a beanbag for Christmas and the promise that we would go together to purchase the beans and fill it. A few weeks later Ayden and I went on an adventure over the river to Eastlands to find two extremely large bags of beans (and a coffee, and a newspaper, and ...). By the time we got home Ayden needed to get ready for work so he dropped my off at my flat and left with the beans still in his car- the adventure of filling the beanbag was postponed.

The next morning we began the delicate operation of getting as many of the beans as possible into the beanbag without covering my entire flat in "snow". We actually did quite a good job and didn't spill many at all- which disappointed us greatly because we were both looking forward to making a huge mess and playing in the "snow".



Thus ends THE GREAT BEANBAG INCIDENT.

Around the same time as THE GREAT BEANBAG INCIDENT occured Ayden and I also starred in THE TWEETY BIRD ESCAPADE.

THE TWEETY BIRD ESCAPADE actually started whithout Ayden when I was at MacDonald's getting a frozen coke with my father (hi Dad!). I noticed while we were there that the current Happy Meal toys at the time were not the usual plastic junk but were soft toys of Warner Bros characters such as Sylvester the cat, Speedy Gonzales, Bugs Bunny, and my personal favourite, Tweety Bird.

The toys had stuck in my mind so I told Ayden about them and we began to formulate a plan of how to get one. Ayden came up with the brilliant idea of going through the drive-through to avoid the public embarressment of two adults buying a children's meal that comes in a very brightly coloured box.

This was a good idea and we began to put the plan into motion at lunch time one day. Unfortunately when we got the meal (plus all the stuff that Ayden ordered and confused the poor girl with) I looked inside and it was missing the toy. So I made Ayden park the car and come inside the resturant with me to ask for my toy- so we had to line up and wait for another 5 minutes and then still endure the public humiliation of standing at the counter and saying we ordered a happy meal and didn't get our toy, but for our effort I was rewarded with a Tweety Bird toy (and Ayden was rewarded with nothing- seems to be the way most of our outings turn out- he spoils me rotten).



Thus ends THE TWEETY BIRD ESCAPADE - tune in next week for THE GREAT SWEENY TODD ADVENTURE as Ayden and I are going to the cinema to see the movie "Sweeny Todd" on Monday night.

2 comments:

Robert Kingston said...

I saw them - and was almost tempted by the Taz one - but as there was no way to garentee which one you got - I didnt bother.

I was on the mainland at the time - and thought that Taz could have joined Murray looking out the back window on the trip.

Robert Kingston said...

Refering to the Happy Meal things ^

And waiting for the next episode.