Monday 7 July 2008

My Holiday So Far...

Week 1
I spent the first week of my holidays split between my parent's house and my brother's house while Barry was getting fixed. I got to catch up with my cat, my family, and some of my northern friends as well as catching up on some reading and watching a lot of movies and TV shows on my brother's computer. It was a nice, relaxing holiday apart from the fact that after being at Mum and Dads and then at Rob's and then back at Mum and Dad's for another night I felt rather like I was living out of a suitcase.

Week 2
On the Sunday evening of the beginning of my second week of holidays Mum and I piled all our stuff into Barry the Barina and travelled back to my flat in Hobart. On Monday morning I had an appointment at the hospital, another one on Wednesday, and one on Thursday (they are the reason we were in Hobart). Basically all the tests said that I am completely fine now, and they still can't find a reason (other than just really, really, really bad luck) why I have been so sick. I really wanted to come away with a proper diagnosis so I wasn't very happy with the trip (in fact, if you ask my mother she would probably tell you that I was quite grumpy about it all), but it’s nice to know that I have finally fully recovered from the infection.
While Mum and I weren't spending time in the hospital we went shopping (surprise, surprise- we are girls after all), and watching DVD's that we rented. Unfortunately for us, most of the DVD's we rented were quite amazingly awful. I now have a list of movies not to bother renting again-ever! (Actually, I think maybe Mum and I shouldn't be trusted to choose movies together). We also got to catch up with my Ayden, and I made him buy a huge cuddly green hippopotamus : )
Mum and I travelled back up north on Thursday evening and stayed put at Mum and Dad's for a couple of days, but then today (Monday) I got back on the road again and I'm now back at my brother's place for a few days (and we have exciting news, but I'm going to save that for later and let him blog about in each).

Apart from all that, I can't remember anything else exciting from the first two weeks of holidays.

Tune in later for week 3 …

1 comment:

Joolz said...

I think that it is the combination of two of us that get it so wrong