Saturday 26 July 2008

Well, I have spent all day reading very boring journal articles about the extent of sea ice in Antarctica and I am bored! But, unfortunately it had to be done because I used up all my recreation time yesterday.

You see, I now have Fridays as a study day so I don't have to actually spend any time at uni and seeing as how it is only the 2nd week of semester I could actually afford to take some time off.

I decided I would start the day with a sleep-in, which I must say was a fantastic idea, but just before my alarm was about to go off I was awoken by my phone making noises trying to alert me to the fact that someone had sent me a message. The end of the text conversation was that my friend, Moose, and I would go shopping to help each other pick birthday presents for different friends.

A day that starts out with a sleep-in and an invitation to go shopping is always a good day.

Moose is one of those people (as are most males) that approach shopping as a chore rather than a recreation so we weren't shopping very long at all, but we did get everything that we needed.

So then, I was by myself again and it was lunch time so I decided to take my lunch down to Cornelion Bay and sit in the sunshine for a while because it was such a magnificent day. So I was sitting there in the sunshine for about half an hour just relaxing, and there was this tree with low, inviting looking branches and no one else around. So I climbed it.

Once I finished exploring the bay, climbing the tree, and soaking in the sunshine I went back home to my house and had a good natter to my sweet old next door neighbour while I pulled some weeds out of my flowers and then another friend of mine, Tiani, come over to visit me.

I had spent quite a lot of the day contemplating the awesomeness of a Boost juice and when I told Tiani about this we decided to drive over the river and get one. So while we were over there we went shopping.

Tiani is one of those people (as are most females) that approach shopping as a recreation rather than a chore so we spent a rather long time shopping and talking, and had a lot of fun picking out a present for one of the ladies at Church who has just had a baby girl. Then we went into the supermarket and were served by a friend of ours which was also fun.

As Tiani had to play indoor soccer on that side of the river in a couple of hours we decided to stay over there and go out for tea. We found a Thai restaurant that was recommended to us and enjoyed ourselves immensely.

Then we went to soccer and I was in the process of cheering wildly at all the appropriate moments and stuff when Tori walked in to watch some friends of hers in the game after the one I was watching so we hung out and talked for quite a while and I taught her how to make all the appropriate noises at the appropriate moments in the game (it was the first one she'd ever watched).

Then it was back across the river and over to the Pilgrim's for supper- extremely rich chocolate cheesecake, but I got through it and managed to eat the entire slice : )

So all in all, it was a good day- in fact the only negative thing that happened was when I was walking through the mall with Martin and a huge drip dripped off the roof and managed to fall between my sunnies and my eyes!

But as I said, I had to make up for it today and do lots of work on my research for my essay. The good news is that I'm about to go off to a friend's 21st party so at least I'll have been out of the house for a while today.

3 comments:

Tori said...

My team won 15 to 4. (incert appropriate yaying noise here).

Tori said...

Well, after all my enthusiasm on Friday night I decided to play in one of the mixed teams on Sunday. Also in my team was Lysh, Justin (lysh's brother), Lori (Justin's girlfriend), Andy, and Ariel. We played against Pagey, NJ and the giggles (I dont think you've met the giggles but the name says it all). Anyways we drew the game 9 all (I scored a goal). In the first five mins I stacked it and sprained my ankle but I got up and kept playing for the rest of the game. My ankle is now very sore and from what I can see of my heel (sticking out of the bandage) it is very blue too. Oh well I have a doctors appointment for my ears again today so he can look at my ankle too. This is the third monday in a row where I havent felt like doing anything except lying in bed.

Emma said...

Awww.... my poor little Tori. See you in class this afternoon.