Thursday 31 July 2008

Poison Hemlock

Poison Hemlock plant- part of the same family as carrots and parsley

Well, I know its been quite a while since I last posted, but I really haven't had anything interesting to say.

All I've really been doing is working on university assignments. I'm working on a particularly boring essay on the change in Antarctic sea ice extent which is due rather soon and a rather more interesting cell biology essay that is due a bit later.

The cell biology essay can be written on any topic I like- there is no set question (but it does have to be about some form of molecular cell biology). Originally, I wanted to do my essay on some form of a disease process, but I couldn't figure out which disease (there are an awful lot of them, you know). I was doing a random Google search on disease molecular processes and I came up with results for poisons. That sounded far more interesting so at the moment (if I can continue to find enough molecular information) I am planning to write about Hemlock Poisoning. So I am doing fun things like researching the death of Socrates (who was poisoned with hemlock) and reading Plato (who wrote the report on Socrates death)- Awesome, hey?

1 comment:

Joolz said...

That sounds too much fun to be a university essay.