Sunday 24 August 2008

Best laid plans...

Well, I had the best of plans for this morning, but as the poem says that definitely went astray.

I had a rather important essay due in at 10:00 this morning so last night I diligently made my lunch, packed my bag for uni, got everything organized, set my alarm for 7:00, and went to bed.

My big plan was to get up at 7:00ish, get into uni by 8:30, make myself a cuppa and chain myself to a computer until the final proof reading and polishing of my essay was complete. Then I was going to leisurely check my emails and wander down to class at 10:00, handing my essay in at the office on the way. This is the same plan that I have used for many assignments over the past three years and usually works quite well.

That was the plan, now for the reality.

Well at exactly 9:59 this morning I woke up with a start.

And that's where everything went up the creek. Apart from that I still followed the plan except that the essay didn't get handed in until 11:00 and I didn't make it to class.

I don't know why my alarm didn't go off (maybe it did and I just slept through it), but I do know that I needed the sleep and it was the best, and longest sleep I have had since being on this last round of medication. Apparently being able to breathe comes at the cost of not being able to sleep.

Oh well, at least the essay is in and I don't have to worry about it anymore.
While I was handing it in I got another one back and I got a distinction for it so I'm hoping I do that well in the one I handed in this morning.

1 comment:

Robert Kingston said...

Nasty! Hope it dosnt cause too much trouble for your marks.

Back when I was a Uni student, waking up before 9:30 was pretty uncommon (well, getting up was at least). Then again - I think most of my assignments were due at 3.