Wednesday 13 August 2008

Update

Ok, update...

Well, this is not really news, but I am not very well at the moment. I wasn't feeling too good so I went to the doctor and left feeling a lot worse about an hour later because she wanted to get some spirometry readings and hooked me up to the nebuliser and put me on my very favourite (sarcastic) medications. So apart from all that very boring stuff, what else has happened?

Well, it snowed. Not at my house (that I know of), but almost everywhere else including at uni.

Also today my "consultancy" won an environmental impact assessment "contract" from the "Clarence City Council."

For "consultancy" read "team", for "contract" read "bag of lollies", and for "Clarence City Council" read "lecturers".
It was an excercise for my ridiculously 'arty' geography and environmental subject, Environmental Impact Assessment. This was only a small excercise with 15 min preparation and 5 min presentation time against 2 other "consultancies", but this weekend we have to (in the same groups) work from 5:00 to 10:00 Friday night, then start again on Saturday morning and be ready to give a 20min presentation by 2:30pm to try to win another "contract" against about 6 other "consultancies."

And if we do win, we get one of those huge novelty checks and some bottles of wine (and a good mark on our assessment for the weekend).

Its all about learning "real world practical skills," but it seems more like drama class to me. At one point Megan and I thought they were going to suggest a group hug or 'trust falls' or something equally as touchy feely, artsy fartsy. I tell you, the scientists among us are quite out of our comfort zone in this subject.

Oh well, we just have to keep reminding yourselves that it is our last semester before graduation- scary isn't it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congradulations on being awarded a bag of lollies by a fake council.

We always knew you'd do amazing things.

Emma said...

See its not fair leaving a comment like that and not telling me who you are!

Joolz said...

Well done kiddo. Keep up the great work

Anonymous said...

That was me. I couldn't be bothered logging in....