Friday 8 August 2008

The Picnic and some other stuff

Well, its been over a week since I blogged so I thought I'd better give you all some photos to look at.

This first one is of my beautiful pussy cat, Fidget. I went home to Mum and Dad's (and Fidget's) last weekend and she was very engrossed in reading my Contiki trip itinerary for the trip to Europe that I won (I think she wants to come too, so I had to tell her that in cat years she is way over the Contiki upper age limit of 35 and in people years she is under the minimum age of 18 so she can't come- that and the fact that she hates travelling anyway).



On Wednesday, for my Environmental Impact Assessment subject we had to go on a field trip (quite literally to a field beside the Hobart airport) to conduct impact assessments for a new waste water treatment plant that is currently being built. Because we had to organise our own transport Megan, Tori and I decided we would travel down earlier and have a picnic lunch at 5 mile beach (which is only a few minutes from the airport and, consequently, our field trip).




We were attacked by magpies insistent on stealing our lunch (quite literally attacked, but somehow Tori still finds them cute-I like it when they sing, but I have decided that they are not cute).

Then on the way home we passed a cast sheep (a sheep that is stuck on its back and can't get up) and had to stop, climb over one normal fence, climb through a second fence with an electric top wire, and rescue the sheep. It didn't take three of us to help the sheep, but we all went anyway because no one wanted to miss the adventure. From how stiff the sheep was when it got back up and the amount of manure piled up at its back end, I'm guessing it had been there all day so I'm glad we rescued it.

Apart from finally finishing my stupid, boring essay and handing it in on Thursday morning that is all the interesting stuff that happened to me this week.

4 comments:

Joolz said...

I guess you can take the girl off the sheep farm, but you can't take the sheep farm out of the girl.

Tori said...

Such a fun day. I went back to 5mile today. I took Twistie and we went for a walk. The problem being that the tide was up even higher than it was when we went on Wednesday so I was walking along the beach up to my knees in water. Plus with Twistie's splashing (she couldnt possibly walk normally through the water) I became wet up to my waste. I also met lots of randoms on the beach. Two ladies who were very excited to be taking their horses to the beach and asked me to take some photos of their horses in the water. And also a lady who works at a riding school and two of her students had floated in their horses and were asking me if I want to put Twistie in foal to their stallion and wondering if I would like to compete some of their showjumpers for them. How bizzare. Anyways a good day all round. See you on Tuesday
PS I forgot the Tomato from the locker on Thursday and had to make a special trip in on Friday to collect it. It tasted good

Tori said...

Hey Emma,
Could I get a copy of the other pics we took that day. Mainly the one of us in the tree.
Thanks Tori

Emma said...

I don't have the one of us in the tree- its on Megan's phone.