Tuesday 30 September 2008

Larry



I was just sitting here with my laptop and working on assignments for uni and I suddenly realised that my computer didn't have a name.

I have a habit of naming things like my car or my phone or my plants, but it had never occurred to me before to name my computer. Which is strange considering I know that my brother names all his.

And at the moment with all my assignments I definitely spend enough time with my computer to warrant a name.

So from this day forth my computer will officially be known as "Larry."

I think its a wonderful name- Larry the Laptop works well and Larry and Barry (my car) works even better. And Tori will be please to know its not Bob : )

3 comments:

Martin said...

You're becoming more and more of a geek every day. Naming a computer is an important thing. It's kind of like naming a boat. It's bad luck if you don't.

Maybe that's why I have so many issues with my computer... It inherited its name from it's predecessor...

Tori said...

My computer's name is TC which is rather unoriginal considering it stands for Tori's Computer. But it suits him. TC had to get a name after Ingrid bought her laptop and called her Ralphie.

Robert Kingston said...

You're laptop is currently called Loopy. You need to change it in the properties of My Computer.

And I think Dad's laptop is called Larry - or it might be Harry. Sometime similar anyway.