Wednesday 29 October 2008

2 days left- and 3 exams down!

Well, I am now 3 quaters of the way through my exams so you might think that I should be happy about that, but I'm not. Well I would be happy about it, but I didn't have a very enjoyable experience in the exam.

This was probably the hardest exam I have ever had over the last 3 years of uni. The lecturer insists on not asking questions that relate to major concepts that he spent more than 5 minutes of a lecture talking about - instead he asks questions about things he spent 1 slide and 2 minutes on and expects you to be able to write a 30 min essay on it. And some how he managed to completely forget that the guest lecturer from the IWC wasnt able to come this year and asked a question about the IWC in the exam anyway.

Thankfully there was some internal choice in the exam so you could choose questions that you knew a smidgen about rather than having to do questions you knew absolutely nothing about. I actually did one of the 3omin questions based entirely on knowledge from 2 of my courses last semester as we only covered it for 3 minutes this semester. My friend Tori did one of the 3o minute questions purely from a course she did in first year because, again, we didn't cover that topic in class.

I should have passed the stupid thing, though. (should being the operative word in that sentence).

Of course it does not help that I feel really unwell today. I don't know why. I felt quite a bit unwell yesterday when I was trying to study but I pretended that it was only going to last for a day and so I tried to convince myself that it wasn't going to be that bad.

Now I feel like during my exam a chemical reaction occured in my brain turning it slowly into a viscous substance not unlike marshmellow. Then this strange viscous greyish, marshmellow ran out my ears and dripped quietly on the floor. I now have only a remnant of brain left to function with. In short its like this:

Figure 1. MRI scan of my brain before exam



Figure 2. MRI scan of my brain after exam. Doh!

1 comment:

Robert Kingston said...

Sorry Loopy.

Hope you recover in time to prepare for the next and LAST EVER exam.

Well - LAST EVER assuming you don't come back for more punishment later or have to redo anything.

Word of the day: ackstab "sounds pretty appropriate to me".