Sunday 28 December 2008

Crazy Christmas


Well, for our crazy Christmas I first of all left Hobart on Tuesday and travelled up to my parent's house. My brother joined us there on Wednesday evening (Christmas eve) so that we would be able to have a fantastic (I'm using a sarcastic tone of voice) start to our holiday by getting up really early on Christmas morning.

Christmas morning we did the family opening presents and having breakfast thing and then packed up a huge mountain of things into Dad's big blue car and left a little after 8:00. By 12:00, after a little detour to go to my house and pick up something I forgot, we made it to Auntie Libby's for Christmas lunch. It was the usual - lots of family (although not as much as usual) and lots of food (although not as much as planned because we were all full before main course).

Later that afternoon we all piled back into the car with slightly less stuff and travelled on further down to Taranna (if you don't know where that is you can substitute Port Arthur and you will be close enough) to see the other side of the family.

On boxing day we repeated Christmas with the extended family on Dad's side - swapped presents and ate too much again.

We stayed at Grandma and Grandpa's in Taranna until Saturday when we travelled back up to Mum and Dad's with a couple of pit stops on the way to feed the fish at my house and to play Santa and deliver presents to Uncle Day from all of the family.

We stayed at Mum and Dad's on Saturday night and most of us stayed on Sunday night as well, but on Monday morning it was time to repacked my bag (again!) and get back on the road.

We are now at my brother's holiday house in Devonport. Well, it is his house, but it is a holiday house for all his friends and family because everyone comes here to have some time off and do nothing. I have gotten reacquainted with his x-box and we have all gotten reacquainted with his cat, Neptune.

While we are here, Dad and Rob are planning on painting his roof if the weather holds, and Mum is in charge of cooking, but I don't seem to have a job so I think I will catch up on some sleep and plan some details of the trip (less than 3 weeks before we leave, now!) and try to figure out what I'm going to do and where I am going to live now that I have graduated.

Anyway, that's my crazy Christmas. Sorry I don't have any photos.

Emma

2 comments:

Tori said...

Hehe I had a relaxing Christmas. It was the week after it that was busy and fill with the cries of small children. "He called me names, She kicked me, They took my dinosaur, I'm thirsty, Is there seconds of dessert?"

Emma said...

Have fun at camp then, did we?