Wednesday 13 May 2009

I'm Moving House

Emma is moving house! Well, temporarily anyway.

I already live in two places for the past few years, but for the next month or so I'm going to be adding a third. That will make a fourth place around Tassie that I have a bedroom. That's pretty weird, isn't it?

Anyway, I'm moving to the Eastern Shore to housesit and dogsit for my Aunt & Uncle while they are adventuring on the mainland. This will actually be the third set of Aunts & Uncles I have housesat for. I housesat, fishsat, and catsat for Ben & Bec with Rob, then I housesat, dogsat, catsat, and horsesat for Nathan & Julie by myself. Now I will be housesitting and dogsitting for Sabine & Charlie (Well, mostly for Sabine as Charlie doesn't really live there. He lives on the farm). I don't think most people get to housesit this much. I am unusual, though, I guess.

The house is the complete opposite of my apartment - its got lots of rooms, is constantly heated by 2 heatpumps and a heater (which never get turned off - how awesome is that!), a tv in every room (well, it has at least 3 that I know of), Austar in the living room, a huge collection of DVDs, and (this bit is really exciting) a fridge that actually works. Oh, and I forgot to mention the fact that there is a cleaner and a gardener. All I really have to do is keep Scruffy, the Shitzu Maltese cross, company. Even though he is only about a quarter of the size of the kind of dog that I want, I am actually really looking forward to being able to take him for walks.

So, come visit me in my temporary home. I won't be able to leave Hobart for the next month or so, and I'm going to need the company to fill up the huge house.

8 comments:

carrot said...

I'll visit any time!!!

3 tvs! Austar! A dog! U'll never want to go back to ur appartment!

Martin said...

Sounds a lot different from your current shoebox...

Emma said...

Hey, Moose, only I am allowed to call my place a shoebox!

You've only spent a couple of hours here at the max so I don't think you are qualified to give your opinion ;)

I am a little worried, though, that I'll get used to the luxury and wont want to leave. Especially considering it is withing easy working distance of my new job.(Yes, thats right, I said job!)

Robert Kingston said...

Congrats on the job Loopy.

Where is the fourth bedroom?

Emma said...

My house, Mum and Dad's, your place (yes, I still claim a room there), and Sabine and Charlie's.

Martin said...

So, when I next visit Rob, does this mean I have to sleep on the couch?

And your house is still a shoe box, no matter how long I have or haven't spent there.

LadyJane said...

You were a very good house, cat and fish sitter. Thank you.

I just hope that you'll find your own place okay after all that luxury...

lizard breath said...

So, do we find your address by looking up Sabine in the phone book?