Tuesday 12 May 2009

Typical, boring girl

I have recently discovered that I am more of a typical, boring girl than I thought. This discovery hasn't exactly pleased me, but I figure that it could be worse (I am actually a girl, after all).

So how did I suddenly come by this discovery? Well, after I posted about my dream last week I spent a little time thinking about who were my favourite actors. And it didn't take me long to find a common theme amongst my favourites - they were all tall, dark, and handsome (surprise, surprise) and they all play bad boy characters.

Yes, I have a soft spot for bad boys. How much more female could I get!?!

Currently, I have a bigger soft spot for one actor than any other. Who might that be? Well, of course it is the tallest, darkest, and most handsome - and of course, the baddest - Richard Armitage (Aka Sir Guy of Gisbourne).

And seriously, who wouldn't have a soft spot for a guy that looks like this?


And that's without the black leather and the dark eyeliner :)

Well, anyway I'll try to concentrate and finish my little story. You all know about my recent adventures watching Shakespeare productions. I have decided that I like some of the comedies, but I don't enjoy the tragedies so I kept putting off watching Macbeth knowing it to be one of the most tragic of the tragedies. Eventually, though, I did watch it. For Macbeth I decided to watch a modernised version made a couple of years ago rather than one of the traditional BBC productions as it had been recommended to me by a friend.

So I sat down to watch it, fully expecting to decide it was as unenjoyable as the rest of the tragedies - and I would have been right, too, except for one thing. Richard Armitage was in it!

I nearly fell of the couch when I saw him and, while he wasn't one of the main characters, he was in it enough to make it almost bearable. I wouldn't have put off watching it for so long if I'd known he was in it :) I'm such a girl!

Such a typical, boring female!

1 comment:

LadyJane said...

No, you're not boring and typical. There are so many girls out there who don't want the bad boy! I thought every girl would want one, but apparently, they don't. You have picked a pretty cool bad boy in Guy of Gisborne though, (yes, I'd pick him over Robin any day, *slaps Marion upside the head*) and Richard Armitage does tall, dark, handsome, silent and strong so well. (Check out North and South by the BBC. It's about a cotton mill and he's the owner. Sounds boring, but it's not really. *melts just thinking about it*)

I'd nearly pick John Simms over Ten, too. He's just sooo cool as the Master. He's playful, which you don't get often in a domineering, meglomaniac Timelord. *sigh*.

I have more of a soft spot for those characters with authority. (Yes, I have authority issues.) Give me a captain, or general (Maximus!) any day. As long as he exudes power and control, I'm hooked. *sigh*.

Is the Macbeth you're referring to the one with James McAvoy as Macbeth? Set in a restaurant?