Monday 18 May 2009

More details...

Ok, so I have been told that my last post was a little lacking in details. The job that I so happily told you all about is a part time (3 days a week) job as a sales assistant at Bakers Delight. This should help me make a little money and fill in my time until I start honours in August. I hope to continue working for at least the first part of my honours project while I am doing my literature review.

I started training for work yesterday. There was a bit of a stuff up as one of the bakers slept in and they were behind getting the products out on the shelves so my boss was a bit stressed. Eventually it settled down and she was able to train me. I did a four hour shift and by the end of it I was starting to get the hang of everything and enjoy it. The people I will be working with seem really nice and fun to be around (some of the bakers seem a little scary, but they finish really early) so I think I'm going to enjoy working there (and I know I am going to enjoy the money).

Last night Mum phoned and asked me "How's the newest employee of Baker's Delight?" and I replied (quite truthfully) "Tired" (from sleeping in a strange bed and sharing it with Scruffy, not from my measly 4 hour shift), but Mum misheard and thought I said "fired" :) Well, I thought it was funny, anyway.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"How's the newest employee of INSERT WORKPLACE HERE?"

"Dunno - dont think they've found my replacement yet...."

Joolz said...

I thought it was funny too.

carrot said...

Definately funny. And whos the anonymus dood?

lizard breath said...

Money's good,just don't enjoy the "dough" too much, OK.