Tuesday 14 July 2009

Going Home ...

So, I finally managed to go home to Mum and Dad's for the weekend. We are not sure, but we think that I may have not been home for the past 3 or 4 months.

I had to work on Friday night so I didn't manage to go home until Saturday morning. My big plan was to leave as early as I could, drive as far as the Bridgewater McCafe where I would stop and get a Soy Caramel Latte, and then drive to Mum and Dad's enjoying my coffee and listening to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy radio plays. My plan failed.

I was able to get up and ready to go quite early as I was quite eager to go home, but the problems came when I was trying to get my coffee. McDonald's had run out of soy milk (me having real milk and then being stuck in a car for hours would not be a very good plan). The Bakery in Brighton had also run out of soy milk. I was not happy. I was almost ready to give up and just live in the back of my car in the bakery car park. I didn't feel like driving anywhere without my coffee.

But I did anyway. I finally managed to get my coffee in Campbell Town, by which stage I really, really needed the caffeine jolt, and I continued with the rest of the plan.

While I was at Mum and Dad's for the weekend, I got to catch up with my family (including a random uncle and cousin who were over for a while on Sunday), eat my mum's cooking (including roast pork, lamb casserole, chicken soup, and chocolate cake), go through all the family photo albums reminiscing and looking for photos I want copies of, spend time with my gorgeous cat, and generally be mothered and looked after. Sounds pretty good, doesn't it?

I also took Barry (the Barina) and Larry (the Laptop) with me for the weekend, and I think they both had almost as good a weekend as I did. My brother took charge of Larry for the weekend and gave him a full service, completely wiping everything and then rebuilding it all. He is quite useful for computer stuff. And my Dad took charge of Barry and gave him a service as well. He is quite useful for everything. Daddies always are.

I had to go back to Hobart on Monday morning as I had to work from 12:00 to 7:00pm. I wasn't anywhere near as enthusiastic about going back down the midlands to work as I was going up the midlands to see my parents so I took a bit longer packing the car and leaving Mum and Dad's than I intended to, and only got about 2 minutes at home (just enough time to put the food Mum sent down into the fridge) before I went off to work.

The weekend was way too short. I really didn't want it to end and have to come back to Hobart. Not that I hate Hobart, or I don't love my friends down here - just that I haven't spent enough time with my family recently. Nowhere near enough time.

If it wasn't for the fact that Mum and Dad will actually be on the mainland for a couple of weeks, I would be heading straight up the midlands again this weekend.

Anyway, thats my story. And this is the end of it.

2 comments:

Joolz said...

Yeah, I really missed you too and Fidget (cat) was really clingy and cuddly yesterday so I think that she is missing you too.

Emma said...

Awww... poor pusscat.

She'll miss everyone when you and dad suddenly dissappear to the mainland and leave her home alone :)