Sunday 11 October 2009

Jeff

So, you all know my goldfish, Jeff. Jeff is the huge and rather elderly goldfish that dominates my fish tank (and has a habit of going to sleep - hence his name). The above photograph was taken 3 years ago. I'm not sure exactly how long I have had Jeff, but it has been at least 5 years.

This morning I was saying hello to Jeff when I noticed something odd - a bump. These photos were taken today. See the bump on his side. Its located approximately halfway between his eye and dorsal fin. You can see it much better in the second photo.

Do you know how hard it is to get a good photo of my fish? Jeff is camera shy to say the least.

I don't like the look of his bump at all, I think its a tumour. I watched him for quite a while today and he is still moving easily, eating, and interested in life in general so I'm not going to do anything at the moment. Considering some of the things that Jeff has survived in the past, I wouldn't give up on him just yet.

2 comments:

Fidget said...

sidering fish never swim still, you have done a good job of catching Jeff.

Fidget said...

There should be a con at the beginning of that sentence, don't know how it got lost.