Wednesday 7 October 2009


This is exactly how I felt when I saw a car parked like this at uni today. I take comfort in the thought that there are only a few weeks left until the undergrads disappear for the summer and parking will become less tortuous (and in the fact that after circling around I ended up with a much better parking space closer to the zoology building).

Thanks xkcd.com for this comic. And for the awesome caption "Police report three dozen cheerful bystanders yet no one claims to have seen who did it." No thanks to my so-called friends that like to get me hooked on webcomics and waste all my time reading them when I should be working.

4 comments:

Martin said...

Hey, you must admit XKCD is awesome. And even this undergrad hates the way the other undergrads park as well. They totally suck. You could fit in so many more cars if they could just leave less than 2.5m between cars, and actually park 1m from driveways. Personally, I reckon it would be far better if they put in marked parking spots, then we might actually manage to get it right FINALLY!

However, then they'd probably try to charge us or something, which would be uncool. So maybe that's a bad idea...

Robert Kingston said...

Then again - you might end up with the opposite. I was parked in a uni by a guy who parked so close, that not only could I not get in the car, I couldn't have left even if I could without taking his mirrors out with my own (seriously over-lapping).

I've got a photo somewhere - it's pretty insane.

Emma said...

This was in a marked space just like in the comic - they had just parked on the line rather than between two lines. It was completely unnecessary and just plain rude!

Martin said...

It's like those Hummer drivers who keep parking really really badly. They're so annoying.

Actually, Nath got parked in today. Good news was the guy who parked him in is a good friend (who proceeded to brag about it in our lecture), and left about 3 hours before Nath had to. But that's a small side story...

Also, I hate buses, so I shall continue to fight the parking idiots, no matter what. I should get that Pinzgauer... Or maybe a monster truck, while I dream here.