Sunday 25 October 2009

less than optimal

My mobile phone is dying a slow, painful death.

It all started a few weeks ago, when, for no apparent reason, the screen started 'blinking' when I was texting. I should tell those of you that don't already know that my phone looks like this:
except pink. Its a nokia 6085.

After a while the 'blinking' got so annoying that I googled something like "nokia flip phone screen blinking" fully expecting not to get any results, but just to make sure that someone hadn't written something somewhere to tell you how to fix it. They hadn't.

What I did find, however, was pages and pages of people whose phones had done exactly the same thing and then, shortly afterward, the screens had given up completely. The phone still functioned fine assuming you were blind and, therefore, didn't need a screen. For someone like me, though, whose phone is really just a device for texting (and occasionally calling my parents) a screenless phone would be, shall we say, less than optimal.

10 comments:

Martin said...

The picture you flogged also appears to be less than optimal...

Emma said...

Isnt it showing up? Its fine on my computer.

Emma said...

Perhaps, this one will work better.

Martin said...

I can see that fine. Last one was totally pixelated, and even then I think it was a company logo not a phone.

Robert Kingston said...

Your phone has 2 screens - wouldn't 1 working one have been better?

Emma said...

What you talking 'bout, Robert?

My phone has a screen on the inside and a little screen on the outside. Is that what you mean or did I miss some sarcasm somewhere?

Martin said...

Rob, you know you should always tag sarcasm on the interwebs!

/chide

carrot said...

My friend who had that phone took iton the JeeWizzer. The screen stopped working and she complained to telstra who sent her a new one. She'd only had her fone a month or so when it happened.

Emma said...

I cant really complain to telstra because my phone is older and it came from ebay.

Joolz said...

you'd better bring it home and if necessary swap back to the old one for a while.