Tuesday 6 October 2009

Your vote can make a difference...

Well, you might wonder what I've been doing lately as I havent been posting as much. The reason for this is that I have been sick so there hasnt been much to say. The only reason I'm saying anything now is that I'm bored. Being sick is prodigiously boring.

I have been well looked after by some of my friends while I've been unwell. The ladies who live in the flats adjoining mine
(now affectionately referred to as the "Smoking Committee" due to their habit of spending most of their day sitting on the retaining wall and gossiping while they smoke) have all been very nice to me. I have been given food and lent DVDs to fill in time while I didnt have the energy to do anything more productive, and diligently checked up on everyday. I have also been daily checked up on by another of my friends and have been brought food by them, too. Its nice to know that there are people around me who are willing to look after me when my Mummy cant be around to do it. I think I'm starting to recover but my brain still feels like porridge and I'm completely exhausted after a big day at uni yesterday (the first time I went to my office in a week) so I still need a little looking after.

Anywho, enough of that boring stuff - onwards and upwards to the far more exciting topic of my birthday. It is now a month until my birthday (yes, I know a month is quite a long time, but you have to remember that I have been at home sick for a week so I have had plenty of time to sit around and think about my birthday) and I want to start planing a party. So, I need you all to comment and vote on what I should do - an awesome costume party OR a BBQ (where everyone is invited) followed by a murder mystery party (only 8 players). I know that a few of my friends will be doing exams over my birthday so my party will be postponed slightly to accommodate them (you should feel honoured because there are only a couple of you left at uni now and I'm still willing to arrange everything around you. You're welcome.).

I have added a poll so you can vote just under the picture of Jeff on the right of the screen. So vote. Now.

Go on, vote!

5 comments:

Emma said...

The poll is kinda cool, but it doesnt tell me who voted. It also seems to discourage actual comments which is a little disappointing.

Joolz said...

I don't know if I can make it to either so I won't vote. I hope to make it down to help celebrate close to the actual date.

Martin said...

I thank you for moving it to after exams.

Robert Kingston said...

Dead even at 1 apiece. Not exactly productive yet....

carrot said...

I've voted for the costume party, cuse theers more chance I'll get invited. :)