Tuesday 24 November 2009

oh my stars...

So, I dont know why, but I have been feeling more than a little out of sorts for the last couple of days. Not at all like myself really, and very hard to describe whats wrong with me. Usually when I'm feeling this out of sorts there is a definable reason for it - looming exams, some niggling little concern thats been eating away at me, or something I'm feeling guilty over, but this time I cant find anything.

Well, my mood today hasnt been at all helped by having a song that I had only heard once a couple of nights ago stuck in my head. I had the tv on in the other room (lounge room, kitchen type area) while I was at my desk on Monday night half-listening to the season final of Good News Week. I tend to only watch small amounts of GNW at a time because its usually hilariously funny, but also quite unnecessarily crude. Anyway, on Monday night Paul McDermott sang this amazingly beautiful song about (if I'm interpreting the lyrics correctly) "boat people" and it got itself seriously wedged in my brain and hasnt stopped looping through my internal soundtrack since. I was more than a little pleased to find that the song, 'Oh my stars!', had the same effect on a large proportion of GNW viewers that night and, therefore, was all over the net and quite easy to download. I have now listened to it 5 times in a row so it should be out of my system soon ready to lay unplayed and forgotten in the dark corners of my mp3 files until I get bored of my usual selection of tunes and re-discover it.

Here's the video of the song on GNW for anyone that is too sensible to watch it. By the way, I was quite surprised that Paul sang a song so sympathetic (wow, look at that accidental alliteration) to the "boat people" after spending a decent amount of the show bagging them, but apparently he is quite capable of viciously bagging someone in one breath and singing this kind of ballad about them in the next. Enjoy.

4 comments:

carrot said...

I'm so sad I missed it!!!! I was busy sleeping cause for some retarted reason i was really really really tired. It might have something to do with the fact I got up at six on Sunday to go fishing...but I doubt it :-)

Fidget said...

That man can really sing.

Unknown said...

Where did you download the song from? I've been looking all over the place and can't seem to find it anywhere - it's really driving me insane....

Emma said...

I just got it from youtube. The guy that put the video up had a link to download the audio.