Tuesday 29 December 2009

Christmas...

There is quite a bit I should be blogging about at the moment - at least 4 posts worth. They have all been building up because of the ridiculous amount of time I have been spending on the road and up the bush lately. When I am actually spending time at home I manage to expend what little energy I have left on boring things like unpacking all my dirty clothes, doing the washing, and repacking. Then all I have the energy to post is pictures of sharks I fell over. Eventually, I will get around to writing all the posts, but for now you'll just have to content yourself with this one about Christmas.

Technically I am currently on holidays, but I have only had one day (Boxing day) of not doing much. It was really nice to just spend the day playing Zoo Tycoon, but I regretted it afterwards. Well, actually it was spending the entire day staring at a computer screen without my glasses that I regretted. Completely messed me up for the next couple of days. I have a little more interesting eyesight problem than the rest of my family - I have difficulty focusing rather than simple short-sightedness or far-sightedness - so forcing my eyes to focus for an entire day without having the good sense to put on my glasses resulted in having difficulty focusing on anything the next couple of days and in me feeling car sick when I was no where near a car. Anyway, enough grizzling about that - I'm supposed to be telling you about Christmas. I cant really be bothered, though, so I'm going to do it in pictures instead.

Christmas Eve - (pictured is the light display of Mum and Dad's neighbour). I made it up to Mum and Dad's on Christmas Eve Eve and then spent most of Christmas Eve in town with Mum doing some last minute errands and shopping. Town is not a good place to be the day before Christmas.

Christmas Day - after breakfast and presents we headed up to Anson's Bay (that's where Grandma and Pete live) to have the traditional big family gathering that is now much smaller because most of the family has run away to the mainland. Turns out we got there a couple of hours before anyone else (we could have slept in) so I filled in some of the time on the jetty watching the shorebirds (how unusual for me) and when that got boring wandered around taking some arty-farty photos of anything I found interesting.
my favourite arty-farty photo

Eventually, everyone else turned up and we had the traditional Christmas fare (turkey & ham & veggies of assorted varieties) plus the five (I think it was five, may have been six) crayfish that Pete had caught for the occasion. We ate outside under a rather awesome umbrella (ella ella - ha ha, do you want to kill me for getting that stuck in your head now?)


This is my 95 year old Great Grandfather, Fred. He had a lovely time, and even had four desserts (raspberries & cream, plum pudding, tiramisu, and pavlova).


Eventually, Dad woke up from his post lunch nap and we went home. You've already heard about Boxing Day, Sunday was pretty normal, Monday I'll tell you more about in a future (but hopefully near future) post.

I suppose you might like to know what I got for Christmas. I'm not going to bother typing out everything I got and boring you to death with all the things that I find interesting and you wont so I'll just leave you with a couple of highlights.
  • I got a new phone (yay!) its a much newer model nokia flip phone and I love it
  • I got a bluetooth handsfree earwig for driving up and down the coast all the time, but I haven't quite figured out how to use it yet.
  • I got another Murano glass fishy (I think this one is even prettier than the last one)
  • treasure boxes!
  • Zoo Tycoon which I was just about to tell Rob I wanted but hadn't got around to it yet
  • A heap of awesome audio books to listen to while I'm driving up and down the coast all the time (you'll hear more about them in a future post as well).
  • Assorted books and DVDs that you problem don't really care about, but I do.
  • And, of course, other things that mean absolutely nothing to you.
There you are, my obligatory Christmas post is over. Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Joolz said...

Much more comprehensive post than mine. Glad you enjoyed some of it.

Anonymous said...

Methinks you have a problematic probability in your list of Christmas gifts. It shouldn't be a problem though, probably.

Robert Kingston said...

problemly not - although I was about to point out the probable too.

Emma said...

Thats exactly the kind of thing that spell checkers dont pick up :)

And what do you mean "some" of it, I enjoyed everything apart from getting seasick. I must of done because I'm back for New Years, arent I?

carrot said...

IT was six cray fish Em :-)