Friday 18 December 2009

something a little unexpected...

When I am doing fieldwork I often have the problem that because I am so busy looking into the distance at the bird I am observing I dont always pay enough attention to what my feet are doing. This has resulted in wet shoes several times now and once in slipping over on a washed up jellyfish (washed up jellyfish are extremely slippery). I have learnt to make full use of my peripheral vision and now everytime I see something out of the corner (or the bottom really) of my eye I look down to check what I am about to walk into. I saw something out of the corner (or bottom really) of my eye only the other day and when I looked down it gave me quite a start. This is what I saw.

Click to enlarge.

2 comments:

Robert Kingston said...

Cue the Jaws music!

Joolz said...

Good job you looked down, might have been a little nasty to step on that