Wednesday 26 May 2010

African sleeping sickness

Hiya faithful readers.

Not much news in my world at the moment, but I thought that I might as well post anyway. I'm currently in Devonport staying with Rob and doing nothing (which is pretty much what everyone does when they stay with Rob). I am doing even less than usual though because I am experiencing quite a lot of difficulty in staying awake at present. The complete crash and burn I was expecting to hit me two weeks ago after I finished my thesis was considerably delayed but has now finally hit me. And its hit me hard.

I came up on Tuesday to spend the evening with Rob and spent the night on his couch rather than in the spare room because it was nice and warm there and that way I would have to wake up when Rob was getting ready to go to work and I could say goodbye. That was the plan anyway. In reality Rob got up and came out and had breakfast and made lunch and talked to me and I slept right through the whole thing. When I did wake up I was completely disoriented and had no idea where I was for a few seconds. It was quite a strange feeling.

Today is Rob's birthday so when I woke up this morning when his alarm went off at some unearthly hour I deliberately made myself stay awake until he made it out into the loungeroom so that I could wish him happy birthday. Mind you it was three episodes of Black Books before he did finally make it out and left. I then promptly went back to sleep.

In other news, Rob and I played Portal last night so I have now finally played it. Some bits I actually played (all the tests at the beginning) and some bits Rob took the controls and I gave instructions (I dont have quick enough game reflexes because I hardly ever play). It was quite good, but I still like the Monkey Island series better.

It looks like I have a pretty full couple of days ahead of me so I am going to try to stay awake for them. We'll see how that goes.

1 comment:

Joolz said...

We are going shopping today and you still haven't surfaced. will have to wake you.